Meijer Corporate Coupon Policy
Here is the ‘official’ coupon policy for Meijer stores. Comments below in green are from me, not Meijer.
If your Meijer store is not following this Coupon Policy please contact Meijer Corporate Customer Service at (877) 363-4537!
Updated by Meijer on 04/19/2012 12:38 PM
Meijer accepts manufacturer, Catalina manufacturer, Meijer, Catalina Meijer, mPerks, internet, and competitor coupons within certain guidelines.
- Coupons must be presented on or before the expiration date
- Meijer does not accept expired coupons
- All coupon terms and conditions must be met and validated by the checkout register
- Read the fine print on each coupon to make sure that you are using it properly. Some coupons have restrictions or limits on how many of the same coupon you can use in a single transaction.
- Customers may use one manufacturer coupon (paper or digital) per item.
- some of the mPerks digital coupons are ‘Meijer Store Coupons’ and some are Manufacturer coupons (see below…)
- Customers may also combine one manufacturer coupon per item with applicable Meijer coupon(s) where allowed under coupon redemption terms.
- You can use (1) store coupon and (1) manufacturer coupon (paper or mPerks) per item. This is called coupon ‘stacking’ and it’s the best way to get a great deal!
- Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions
- No one is 100% sure what this means, not even Meijer Corporate Customer Service! Meijer does not have a ‘stacking restriction’. I believe that this applies to stores that double a limited number of ‘like’ coupon per transaction and that they are trying to discourage customers from conducting multiple transactions to get more coupons to double.
- Separate checklanes will not be opened or designated for customers with large coupon orders
- Manufacturer coupons and Catalina manufacturer coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax on the full retail amount
- If you use a manufacturer coupon that covers the value of an item, you will still be responsible for the tax on the item, if taxable.
- Meijer, Catalina Meijer, and competitor coupons require the Customer to pay sales tax only on the discounted price
- If you use a store coupon that covers the value of an item, you will NOT be responsible for the tax on the item, if taxable.
- Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area, for Grocery and or for Health and Beauty Care items
- Per my conversation with the Corporate Customer Service Manager, competitor’s coupons are to be accepted at Meijer as a ‘store’ or ‘vendor’ coupon which can be ‘stacked’ with a manufacturer coupon (paper or mPerks).
- Meijer will accept coupons from major competitors in each store’s trading area for General Merchandise items only if the competitor’s price point is included. The item must be the identical item on the coupon for the match to occur.
- Meijer does not price-match competitor’s prices so it must be a coupon. For General Merchandise, the price of the item will need to be on the coupon.
- Meijer does not accept competitor coupons for beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, double and triple coupons, clearance, percent off, total trans- action discounts, special promotions, gift card promotions, limited quantity items, mail-in rebate offers, and going out of business sales
- Meijer reserves the right to limit coupon quantities and to determine the order of application of multiple coupons and/or promotions
You should print a copy of the Meijer Corporate Coupon Policy and take it to the store with you. Many of the cashiers at Meijer store are unaware of the terms in the coupon policy. Go HERE to print a copy of it.
If you would like to see a list from the Coupon Information Corporation showing the most recent counterfeit coupons, click the following link: http://www.cents-off.com/body_coupon_counterfeiters.cfm - if you suspect that it a too-good-to-be-true coupon, you might want to check it out!!